1/1 Photo of Avanti's Sweet Bread
Marie Nixon's Note:
This tastes like the bread from Avanti's Italian restaurant in Bloomington Illinois.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let sit, undisturbed for about 10 minutes. You should see little bubbles appear. This tells you that the yeast is active.
- 2In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, salt, sugar and water and yeast mixture together till blended.
- 3Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 4Knead till smooth and elastic.
- 5Let rise till doubled, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 6repeat the kneading and rising.
- 7Punch down.
- 8Cut dough into 2 pieces.
- 9Let rise, covered for 10 minutes.
- 10Shape into 2 oblong loaves, about 14 inches long.
- 11Place on greased cookie sheets.
- 12Cover: let rise again, about 50-60 minutes.
- 13Cut slash down middle of bread or 3 slashes diagonally on top.
- 14Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avanti's Sweet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 11.9 g