Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
OH MY GOSH! This has got to be one of the MOST addicting things on the face of the planet. I first saw this treat in a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store and I had to mimick it.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Melt white chocolate chips with peanut butter.
- Move to bowl & mix with rice cereal.
- WAIT until the mix has reached room temperature BUT don't put it in the fridge! It's worth the wait so don't rush this!
- Once it reaches room temperature add mini chocolate chips & marshmallows.
- Mix well!
- Grease a 9x13 pan and dump mixture inches.
- Press with greased spoon, but not too hard. Too compacted and it will turn out too hard.
- Place in fridge for another 30 minutes.
- When hardened, cut like rice krispy treats & you will ENJOY!
I used to work at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and this has been a holiday staple for us ever since. Note to anyone baking this - it's an extremely forgiving recipe. Feel free to play with it, it's almost impossible to ruin! Some things we did differently in our shop: Substitute M&M's (Regular size or mini) instead of the mini chocolate chips Put candy sprinkles on top Substitute white chocolate bar for the white chocolate chips You also do not need to wait to add the marshmallows, but will need to wait to add the chocolate chips if using (you will not need to wait to add M&M's)
My husband loves this from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, so I decided to look it up and this recipe is wonderful! I use a little bit more white chocolate and peanut butter so that it stays together better and is more moist. It's wonderful, easy to make, hard to mess up, and addicting!
holy deliciousness batman!!! So tasty, i found a bit more peanut butter is better. i made one batch with mini m&m's and then a double batch with regular chocolate chips. yum!!!