Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This South African inspired salad comes from chef Genia Revele's, I found it in her ethnic recipes at recipecircus, sounds yummy. I am posting here for ZWT7, Africa. Chill time for seafood salad not included in prep time.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (dry)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 lb crabmeat (cooked or use canned)
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (small pre-cooked)
- 4 -6 avocados (peeled,seeded,cut in half)
- lettuce leaf
- 1 cup grapefruit section (drained)
- black olives, chopped hard boiled eggs, carrot curls and capers (optional garnish)
- Mix juice,wine,curry powder, mace with mayonnaise; add crab and shrimp, chill a few hours to allow spices to meld.
- Place Avacado halves on lettuce leaves on individual serving plates, fill lighlty with seafood mixture.
- Arrange 4 grapefruit sections at the side of plate, top grapefruit with pimento slice and garnish with chicory.
- Top avacado salads with a black olive,capers,hardboiled egg and carrot curls. (if desired).