Recipe by Chef Jean
Found this recipe on an African Menu website. Canned peach slices may be added to the Avocado Salad-in which case use one slice of tomato and two to three peach slices. This Lemon Dressing is excellent on a tossed green salad or hearts of lettuce. It is light and easy to make. Posted for ZWT.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Well, I must say, peaches are the best! And then you have lettuce, avocado, mater's, and love just abounds. Seriously, a great, fabulous salad, that is as unique in it's own right, but so equally lovely, and very tasteful. Presentation is enormously beautiful, and so right to be set before a king. But me, I took this lovely creation, sat upon our farm porch, and devoured with delight. Did not change anything other then use peach juice from my own canned peaches. Thanks, little peach tree for giving us such delightful juice! Chef Jean, you have a winner here! Made for ZWT 7
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup peach syrup (from canned peaches, or peach nectar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the lettuce into 8 discs. Slice tomatoes into 16 slices. Peel avacados and cut into 16 wedges.
- Shake the rest of the ingredients together to make the dressing. You can adjust the amount of lemon/peach juice to suit your tastes.
- Place one disc of lettuce on each of 8 plates. Overlap two tomoato slices and two avacoado slices across the center of the lettuce.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top.