Recipe by Rita~
A beautiful chewy autumn side filled with a blend of wild, whole grain brown rices apples, onions and a kick from a jalapeno. I use Lundberg Rice blend, But if you can't find it go for brown rice of choice. Start the rice cooker before dicing the goodies. This would be a nice stuffing!
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Omega Plus or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 apple, corded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup lundberg wild rice (It is a blend of long grain brown rice,sweet brown rice, wild rice, whole grain Wehani rice, whole g)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon pineapple sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the smart balance spread in the rice cooker and press start.
- Dice the onions, apple, jalapeno, and garlic. Add to the rice cooker or pot if doing stove top. Saute till translucent.
- Add blend stir to coat.
- Add cup water and and cider.
- Season with salt, pepper and sage.
- Close and cook till done and fluff. Top with nuts.
- If cooking stove top boil then bring to simmer place a lid on the pot and cook for 50 minutes.Adding additional water if needed.