Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Roasting the vegetables gives this soup great flavor. From Easy Beans.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 butternut squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 parsnips, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 leeks, chopped (white part and 1/3 of green part)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked navy beans
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add oil to a 13x9 inch baking dish; place dish in oven and let oil get heated.
- Add vegetables and thyme to pan; roast, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir and roast, uncovered, for another 10 minutes.
- To a soup pot add beans, stock, roasted vegetables, and spices.
- Simmer for 20 minutes; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.