Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This hearty soup is a rare find. It is absolutly delicious. I you want to impress anyone...make this!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, peeled,chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled,chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- In dutchoven (large pot) on medium heat, melt butter, add onions and garlic and saute until golden.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the milk.
- Boil for 25 minutes.
- Puree soup with blender, return to heat and add milk.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Just heat through.
- Recipe may be doubled.
I made this soup awhile back (before humidity hit!) and meant to write a review. Anyway, it is a very good recipe but, for us, will have to make a few changes. Add some hot pepper flakes, cut back on carrots (I don't care for them) and also cut back on milk. No way do these adjustments detract from the recipe.
This was wonderful!! I didn't have any zucchini, but I added corn, and loved it!
OH-MY-GOSH! This was SO good! I didn't have any tomatoes or potatoes, so I only used a cup of milk and it was still perfect. Creamy and packed full of veggies. Even my husband who doesn't really like this kind of thing liked it. If there was 6 stars, thats what I would rate it!