Recipe by Tara in Southwestern Ontario
This hearty soup is a rare find. It is absolutly delicious. I you want to impress anyone...make this!!!
Top Review by waynejohn1234
I made this soup awhile back (before humidity hit!) and meant to write a review. Anyway, it is a very good recipe but, for us, will have to make a few changes. Add some hot pepper flakes, cut back on carrots (I don't care for them) and also cut back on milk. No way do these adjustments detract from the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, peeled,chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled,chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In dutchoven (large pot) on medium heat, melt butter, add onions and garlic and saute until golden.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the milk.
- Boil for 25 minutes.
- Puree soup with blender, return to heat and add milk.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Just heat through.
- Recipe may be doubled.