Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Good for cold days.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (18 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Mix all ingredients except rice and basil in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender.