Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
WONDERFUL dessert to serve up for your little goblins around halloween,or to serve around Thanksgiving..It is warm,comforting and tasty! 8)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 red apples or 1 green apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vegetarian instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring the 1 cup of the milk to boil.
- Next,stir in the rice,chopped apple,raisins,cinnamon& nutmeg;cover.
- Remove from heat an let stand for 5 minutes.
- While letting it stand,prepare the pudding as directed with the remaining 2 cups milk.
- Stir the rice mixture into prepared pudding.
- If using the nuts,stir in next.
- Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap;& cool for 5 minutes.