Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
WONDERFUL dessert to serve up for your little goblins around halloween,or to serve around Thanksgiving..It is warm,comforting and tasty! 8)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 red apples or 1 green apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vegetarian instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring the 1 cup of the milk to boil.
- Next,stir in the rice,chopped apple,raisins,cinnamon& nutmeg;cover.
- Remove from heat an let stand for 5 minutes.
- While letting it stand,prepare the pudding as directed with the remaining 2 cups milk.
- Stir the rice mixture into prepared pudding.
- If using the nuts,stir in next.
- Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap;& cool for 5 minutes.