Recipe by Karen=^..^=
The combo of sweet and new potatoes are delightful in a cream sauce with Parmesan.
Top Review by Laudee
You've done it again, Karen! Another great recipe! I never would have thought to pair up sweet taters and reg. spuds in a scallop dish, but, this is awesome. Really simple to fix and it went great with Mystergirl's Beef Paprika, #29950. Made a dandy supper! Thanks, Girl, we really enjoyed! Laudee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in 1/8 inch slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 glass baking dish.
- Arrange sweet and red potatoe slices, overlapping, in alternating layers in baking dish; there should be about 3 layers of each.
- Combine heavy cream, milk, garlic, salt and red pepper in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boiling and then carefully pour over potatoes in baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and press with spatula.
- Spoon cream mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake 30 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is brown.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.