Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The combo of sweet and new potatoes are delightful in a cream sauce with Parmesan.
Make and share this Autumn Two Potato Scallop recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in 1/8 inch slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 glass baking dish.
- Arrange sweet and red potatoe slices, overlapping, in alternating layers in baking dish; there should be about 3 layers of each.
- Combine heavy cream, milk, garlic, salt and red pepper in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boiling and then carefully pour over potatoes in baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and press with spatula.
- Spoon cream mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake 30 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is brown.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
You've done it again, Karen! Another great recipe! I never would have thought to pair up sweet taters and reg. spuds in a scallop dish, but, this is awesome. Really simple to fix and it went great with Mystergirl's Beef Paprika, #29950. Made a dandy supper! Thanks, Girl, we really enjoyed! Laudee
What a beautiful potato dish and just great for fall. I only used about 1 t. salt because my dad has to watch his salt intake. The cream sauce was rich and the parmesan cheese made a great topping. Thanks Karen.
Really enjoyed this potato dish, Karen. The two different potatoes went well together and made a beautiful appearance. The sauce was wonderful, too. The cayenne definitely gave it some POW. We like our salt so I didn't think 2 teaspoons was too much at all. Just depends on your personal taste for it. Thanks for the posting this recipe.