1 hr 15 mins
The combo of sweet and new potatoes are delightful in a cream sauce with Parmesan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in 1/8 inch slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 375*.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 glass baking dish.
- 3Arrange sweet and red potatoe slices, overlapping, in alternating layers in baking dish; there should be about 3 layers of each.
- 4Combine heavy cream, milk, garlic, salt and red pepper in a small saucepan.
- 5Bring to boiling and then carefully pour over potatoes in baking dish.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes and press with spatula.
- 7Spoon cream mixture over potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with parmesan and bake 30 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is brown.
- 9Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Two Potato Scallop
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 412.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g