Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy for a crisp fall evening!
- 3 lbs turkey wings
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) packagefrozen egg noodles
- Place 3 1/2 quarts of water in large stock pot. Add wings, 1/2 of chopped onions, 1/2 of chopped celery, carrots, thyme sprig, and chopped sage. Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 4 hours.
- Turn heat off, allow to sit for 10 minutes and skim off fat from surface of broth. Strain broth and set aside. Remove meat from wings, shred and set aside. Discard bones and skin.
- Heat butter in large, heavy soup pot over med-high heat. Add remaining onions and celery, saute until soft, about 8 minutes. Add reserved turkey broth and shredded meat. Bring to boil and add frozen egg noodles, cooking according to package instruction. Serve.