Recipe by .:.Mamma Meshele.:.
Today was a cold, rainy late October day. I bought a few mini pumpkins and gourds and things to decorate my house with and was feeling 'autumn inspired'. Longing for the flavors of fall, I wanted something with cinnamon, nutmeg and maybe even cloves. I had some turkey 'chops' and decided to throw these things together. I have nothing for leftovers now! The whole family loved it! (Even the super picky 3 and 5 year old!)
- 4 -6 turkey chops (or fillets)
- 2 apples (I used Gala and Granny Smith)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons bragg's liquid amino acid (can sub for Soy Sauce or Worcestershire)
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry seasoning in a small bowl and blend well.
- Slice apples and arrange in a 9x13 casserole dish. I alternated the types in the pan and included a photo to illustrate. I used a Gala and Granny Smith apple, but I'm not sure how much the kind of apple matters.
- Lay chops on top of apples. Dust evenly w/ seasoning until all gone.
- Top w/ butter to taste and sprinkle Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- P.S. The leftover apples doubled as dessert for my kids!