1/2 Photos of Autumn Sweet Potato (or Pumpkin) Muffins
These are delicious muffins with a unique ingredient... crystallized ginger! They're perfect on a crisp Autumn morning, or anytime for that matter. They're also dairy-free and low-fat! The recipe is from Mags2003 on the IBS message boards at www.helpforibs.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup mashed baked sweet potatoes, cooled or 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup room temperature soymilk or 1/2 cup rice milk or 1/2 cup milk
- 4 egg whites or 2 eggs, at room temperature,lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4-1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Lightly coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, sift and whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- 4In another bowl, stir together sweet potato or pumpkin, soy milk, egg whites, oil, and vanilla until blended.
- 5Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- 6Stir in crystallized ginger.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 8Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- 9Remove muffin pan to wire rack.
- 10Cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from cups; finish cooling on rack.
- 11Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Sweet Potato (or Pumpkin) Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: