Recipe by Not So Good Cook
Wonderfully aromatic and colorful, as well as delicious and easy. I used peeled, cubed butternut squash to simplify my life.
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
(Camera-less Chef Game #4)Yum Yum Yum!!! I have to go buy another butternut squash so I can make this again! Luckily, there was a small bit leftover, which I have just reheated and am eating right now. I used a bit more oil and grated the garlic using my ceramic ginger grater (works a treat!) I also didn't add the cheese until the last 5 minutes to prevent it from burning. Thanks NSGC!
- 3 lbs butternut squash
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash into 1-inch cubes if too large.
- In a large bowl, toss together squash, bell pepper, olive oil, garlic, parsley, black pepper, and salt to taste. Pour into a 2 quart flat baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan evenly over the top.
- Bake squash approximately 50 minutes until tender.
- *Can use cooking spray instead of olive oil. Can use 1 green and 1 red pepper if desired.