This makes a big casserole thats perfect for family get togethers, pot lucks or holiday meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs buttercup squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Place the squash pieces in a saucepan and cover with water.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; then mash the squash with 1/4 cup butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, salt, and white pepper.
- 4Heat the 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over low heat; stir in sliced apples and sprinkle with the white sugar.
- 5Cover and cook over low heat until barely tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Spread the apples in a 3-quart casserole.
- 7Spoon the mashed squash evenly over the apples.
- 8Stir together the cornflakes, pecans, the 1/2 cup brown sugar, and melted butter.
- 9Sprinkle the cornflake mixture evenly over the squash.
- 10Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 143.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: