Recipe by Charlotte J
It's autumn and time to get out the soup recipes. Here is a bisque that I thought looked good. I'm guessing on servings, cook time etc.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 medium autumn squash, peeled and chopped
- 5 firm-fleshed apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- sea salt
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions, ginger and cinnamon.
- Saute, stirring constantly, until onions are transparent.
- Add chicken stock, squash and apples and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until squash and apples are soft.
- Cool mixture slightly.
- Puree in a blender, filling container no more than 3/4 full at a time.
- Add cream and sherry; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return to low heat and warm through.