Recipe by allie_from_cali
Got this the other day from the SB newsletter--for phases 2 and 3.
Top Review by MamaDonna
You proved it! Sweet potatoes don't need brown sugar and marshmallows to be delicious! I substituted a little half n half for the buttermilk and added a little extra cinnamon. They were wonderful. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 tablespoon trans-free butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and chop into medium sized chunks.
- Cover with water in large pot and boil until pieces are easily pierced with a fork.
- While sweet potatoes cook, toast pecans on rimmed cookie sheet.
- Remove sweet potatoes from water, add buttermilk, butter, and spices, and mash together.
- With hand mixer or immersion blender, whip potatoes until smooth.
- Transfer potatoes to serving dish and top with chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm, uncovered, in a 200° F oven.