Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this the other day from the SB newsletter--for phases 2 and 3.
Make and share this Autumn Spiced Sweet Potatoes (South Beach) recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes and chop into medium sized chunks.
- Cover with water in large pot and boil until pieces are easily pierced with a fork.
- While sweet potatoes cook, toast pecans on rimmed cookie sheet.
- Remove sweet potatoes from water, add buttermilk, butter, and spices, and mash together.
- With hand mixer or immersion blender, whip potatoes until smooth.
- Transfer potatoes to serving dish and top with chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm, uncovered, in a 200° F oven.
You proved it! Sweet potatoes don't need brown sugar and marshmallows to be delicious! I substituted a little half n half for the buttermilk and added a little extra cinnamon. They were wonderful. Thank you!
Awesome. Made for Christmas dinner with ham and green beans. Added a tiny bit of Splenda to taste.
Very good. These were a nice change of pace, and a real treat on the South Beach Diet. I added about a tablespoon of Splenda to sweeten it up a bit, and I didn't have allspice, so I added cinnamon and clove in addition to the nutmeg called for. Tasty!