- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 tablespoon trans-free margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄8 tablespoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop potatoes into medium-sized chunks. Cover with water and boil until pieces are easily pierced with a fork. While cooking potatoes, toast pecans on rimmed cookie sheet.
- Remove potatoes from water, add buttermilk, margarine and spices. Mash together. With a hand mixer or blender, whip potatoes until smooth. Transfer into serving dish and top with chopped pecans. Serve immediately or keep warm uncovered in a 200 degree oven.