1/2 Photos of Autumn Spice Cupcakes With Pumpkin-Spice Frosting
This is an easy, festive recipe for autumn. I made this recipe with our nursing home residents in celebration of our October birthdays. They really enjoyed the aroma of the baking cupcakes and frosting them. We inserted pretzel sticks into the center of each orange-colored frosted cupcake to make them look like little pumpkins. What fun we had! This would also be a fun children's project. Enjoy! (Note: preparation time does not include time for cupcakes to cool.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, pureed (I use Libby's Pumpkin Filling)
- 3 eggs
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3Sift cake mix into a medium mixing bowl until all lumps are removed. Then add water, pumpkin and eggs and thoroughly combine with a hand-held mixer.
- 4Spoon batter into muffin pan cups lined with paper liners, filling each cup 1/3-full.
- 5Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of thickest cupcake comes out clean.
- 6Allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- 8In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 9Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, blending with a hand-held mixer and scraping sides of bowl with a rubber spatula until a smooth and spreadable texture is met. (Note: You may use less or more powdered sugar per your preference. If frosting becomes too thick, thin with milk one drop at a time.).
- 10If desired, add food coloring for an extra festive orange color.
- 11Frost cooled cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Spice Cupcakes With Pumpkin-Spice Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1806 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 163.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g