1 hr 15 mins
Whats better on a chill and blustery day, when the red and gold leaves are on the ground, than a hearty and steaming bowl of soup!.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small turnip, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml tomato puree
- 828.08 ml beef stock
- 56.69 g red lentils
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 170.09 g pork sausage
- 28.34 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2.46 ml chopped fresh rosemary or 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 1 cooking apple
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- snipped chives, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole. Add the onion, carrots, swede and green pepper and fry.
- 2gently for 3 minutes until the vegetables are soft but not coloured.
- 32 Stir in the tomato puree, stock and lentils, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- 5Meanwhile, put the sausagemeat, breadcrumbs and rosemary in a.
- 6bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands, then shape into 12 small balls.
- 7Peel and core the apple, then cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) dice. Add with the cinnamon to the soup potato and sausagemeat balls and simmer for a further 25 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- 8Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve hot, sprinkled with chives.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Soup to Warm the Soul
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 1129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 16.2 g