Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
From 2001 "Moosewood Restaurant: New Classics" Cook Book. For the best flavor and consistency, use a really ripe, sweet, soft pear. If your ingredients aren't cold, add ice to the blender or your glass but done put ice cubes in a food processor: use crushed ice.
- 1 pear, fresh ripe, peeled quartered and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (or sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 drops almond extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Puree the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.