Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A perfect entrance into fall.
- 6 ounces small shell pasta (or medium shell pasta)
- 1 Red Delicious apple
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 Anjou pear
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook the shells per package directions for al dente; drain in a colander and rinse briefly under cold running water; shake colander and drain completely; set aside.
- Core apples and the pear, but don't peel.
- Cut into small dice, then place in a bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat.
- To make the dressing: whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, and curry powder together in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the pasta, apples, pear, celery, pineapple, and parsle in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture; toss gently and thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.
- OR reserve the walnuts, cover, and refrigerate the salad for up to 8 hours; then sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.