Autumn Shells Salad With Curried Apples, Pears, and Walnuts
- Cook the shells per package directions for al dente; drain in a colander and rinse briefly under cold running water; shake colander and drain completely; set aside.
- Core apples and the pear, but don't peel.
- Cut into small dice, then place in a bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat.
- To make the dressing: whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, and curry powder together in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the pasta, apples, pear, celery, pineapple, and parsle in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture; toss gently and thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.
- OR reserve the walnuts, cover, and refrigerate the salad for up to 8 hours; then sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.