Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I usually shy away from making up recipes myself, but I threw caution to the wind when I had some sausages on hand and couldn't find a recipe I liked for them. The result was surprisingly good so I decided to post my experiment :)
- 1 lb pork honey garlic sausage
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut sausages into 3/4" pieces. Fry in oil over medium heat until cooked completely through. Remove to a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, chop sweet potatoes into 3/4" cubes, place in a microwaveable bowl with 2 Tbsp water, cover and cook on high 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain (if necessary) and add to sausage.
- Slice onion into thin rings. Core and slice apple into thin slices, peeling if desired.
- Drain all but 1 Tbsp grease from sausage pan. Add onions and cook, stirring often until soft and golden. Add apples and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add wine and broth. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Add onion mixture to sausage and sweet potatoes and stir gently to combine.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes.