Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting this recipe as written in Cooking light, Oct. 2007. However, when I made it I wasn't in the mood for so much fruit, or even the tart/sweet fruit. So I used 4 bosc pears. We loved this salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed Asian pears (about 1 large)
- 2 cups chopped granny smith apples (about 1 large)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine salad greens, romaine lettuce, Asian pear, apple, and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.