Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came across this recipe in a local grocery store flyer a few years ago and it has easily become the most requested recipe by my friends and family. Its quick to make without a lot of preparation and it can be fun to change up the salad ingredients. I love it the way it is without any altering but I took it to our family Christmas dinner this year and instead of adding pears I used fresh mandarines and accidentally forgot the cheese - it was still a huge hit and not one bite left behind. I do prefer the flavour and the consistency of the dressing when refrigerated at least 5 hours as it will thicken up and allow the flavours to blend. I have also added one tbsp of lemon juice to regular milk instead of using buttermilk. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 pinch anise seed
- cracked pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) container baby greens
- 2 medium pears, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 150 g cambozola cheese, pulled into small nuggets or 150 g feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup candied pecans, chopped
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a bullet or blender and refrigerate. Toss remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl with the dressing just prior to serving or, layer half the greens in salad bowl, and top with half the pears, cheese and pecans and repeat, place the dressing along side for guests to add.