Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Okay, this may look like a lot to do, but it really is not! It goes quick and is worth it. I got this from a veggie magazine and thought it would be a lovely and creative cookie to make around Halloween. Enjoy! 8)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- parchment paper or cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray baking sheet or line it with parchment.
- In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg.
- In separate bowl, sift flour; add ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add in pumpkin mixture, blending well; add in pumpkin seeds.
- Drop small scoops of dough (approx. 1 1/8 inches) on to sheet, approx 2" apart.
- With wet fingers, swirl each mixture into wider, flat disk-like shape.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cooling, make filling. You may use mixer or mix by hand.
- Mix sugar, butter, pumpkin, and vanilla. Whip it until spreadable.
- With about 1 tablespoon of filling, sandwich cooled cookies together.