Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This sounds like a great recipe for fall! I haven't tried it yet, but it says to cook these slowly and not to worry about them darkening because of the pumpkin. 8)
Top Review by cpenner
I love pumpkin, so I was excited to try these pancakes for breakfast... I wasn't disappointed! They were delicious, and quite light and fluffy(probably due to the beaten egg whites). I used a 1/3 cup measure as directed, and ended up with 11 pancakes. Next time I will using half whole wheat flour for added nutrition. Thanks for a great pancake recipe!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin puree
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
- Next, stir in milk, pumpkin, and apple butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold whites into batter.
- Use 1/3 cup batter for each pancake.
- Brown on each side; flip to brown evenly.