Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love to bake sweet and spicy treats in the fall. If you like to bake up tricks and treats for your lil goblins, try this one! 8)
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease 12 muffin tins or lined cups.
- In a large bowl: Combine all ingredients except for pumpkin, butter, buttermilk, and eggs.
- In seperate bowl, combine the rest of ingredients.
- Mix into the flour mxture until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from the tins.
My first post as a new Zaar member! Our wonderful Fall weather seemed to beg for something pumpkin-y and this recipe caught my eye. Very good choice. I did find that 1 tsp. of salt was quite a lot, so next time, I'll use half that amount. Also, since I can't seem to leave well enough alone...I added a bit ( maybe 1/8 tsp.) of ground cloves, and 1/2 cup of raisins to the batter. They smelled deliciously spicy, and ready, before the 20 minute baking time was up, so I'd suggest keeping an eye (and nose) on them. I always fill muffin tins nearly-to-the-brim with batter, and I was rewarded with 10 very generous muffins. My friends will love getting some of these...to enjoy with their coffee or tea! Of course, I'm saving a few for myself!... Grammy Bunny