Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is the best fudge recipe to make for Halloween! 8)
Top Review by bella214
I am on a pumpkin kick so I just had to give this a try. Very good. Had a nice creamy, smooth texture. I left out the nuts because we don't really like them in fudge. Had a great spicy taste. I brought some to work and my co-workers went wild over this stuff. Thanks Ocean~Ivy.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 quart saucepan,combine sugar,milk,syrup,pumpkin,& salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat,stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium,continue boiling,do not stir.
- When mixture heats to 232 deg.
- on candy thermometer (soft ball stage) remove from heat.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice,vanilla,butter& the nuts.
- Let cool to lukewarm (110 deg. on candy thermometer).
- Beat until very thick& until it loses some of its gloss.
- Quickly,pour mixture into greased 8-inch square pan.
- When fudge is firm,cut into pieces.