Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I really love recipes like this.Autumn is my favorite season.It is just so pretty out,and magickal! I love the smell of baking with pumpkin,and this is a great treat,perfect for the season! 8)
- Heat oven to 435.
- Combine the sugars,flour,then butter.
- Combine until it is crumbly.
- Stir in the nuts,and set aside 1 1/2 cups of mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into a 13x9 baking dish,including half up sides of dish.
- Pour the mincemeat over crust.
- Combine the remaining ingredients,except crumb mix,and mix well.
- Pour over the mincemeat layer.
- Spread the remaining crumb mixture over that.
- Bake for 15 minutes,and reduce the heat to 350.
- Bake 40 minutes,or until golden brown on edges.
- Let cool,cut into bars.
These bars combine my two holiday favourites, pumpkin and mincemeat,so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try them.I was not disapointed.They are wonderful!The creamy texture of the pumpkin and the chunky mincemeat are a surprisingly good match together, and the nutty taste of the crust complimented both the pumpkin and the mincemeat.I did find that the 40 minutes was a little long and the crust came out too brown. Next time I'll check them after 30 minutes. Other than that, these came out perfect.Thankyou, Ocean Ivy, for a recipe that I know will become a holiday favourite.