Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Yummy, easy holiday pie. Plain pumpkin pie can get boring--this gives it a nice touch 8)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into crust, then sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted off center comes out clean.
- Cool pie on wire rack and chill before serving with whipped cream.
Very good, DH is a hazelnut freak, but not much for pumkin pie...this one he's in love with. Followed recipe exactly as written only I baked mine at 425 for 15 mins. then 350 for 40 mins. it came out just right. A favorite in my recipe book for sure. Thanks for posting.