Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a wonderful recipe. It is always fun to bake something special for the holidays and this is a nice treat for Thanksgiving. It is not difficult at all 8)
Top Review by Melody14
This was such a good alternative to the usual Thanksgiving pumpkin pie or cheesecake we always have. It is so unique and very easy to make. The flavor of the pumpkin combined with the creamy texture of the icing makes for an out-of- this-world dessert.Even my grandmother, who doesn't like pumpkin in anything,couldn't get enough and asked for the recipe! This will definitely become a tradition. Thanks!
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Line bottom, sides of 9 x 13 pan with waxed paper.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and cinnamon, pour into pan.
- Pour dry cake mix over mixture.
- Evenly place nuts into mix.
- Spoon the melted butter over nuts evenly.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Invert into tray and peel off waxed paper.
- Mix cream cheese, Cool whip and powdered sugar; frost and refrigerate.