Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a wonderful recipe. It is always fun to bake something special for the holidays and this is a nice treat for Thanksgiving. It is not difficult at all 8)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Line bottom, sides of 9 x 13 pan with waxed paper.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and cinnamon, pour into pan.
- Pour dry cake mix over mixture.
- Evenly place nuts into mix.
- Spoon the melted butter over nuts evenly.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Invert into tray and peel off waxed paper.
- Mix cream cheese, Cool whip and powdered sugar; frost and refrigerate.
This was such a good alternative to the usual Thanksgiving pumpkin pie or cheesecake we always have. It is so unique and very easy to make. The flavor of the pumpkin combined with the creamy texture of the icing makes for an out-of- this-world dessert.Even my grandmother, who doesn't like pumpkin in anything,couldn't get enough and asked for the recipe! This will definitely become a tradition. Thanks!
I have a friend who has made this cake for gatherings and it is always a crowd pleaser. She recommends making it 2 days ahead so all the flavors can blend.
This was good and we enjoyed it. And it was easy to make.I had to cook mine about 20 minutes longer then the recipe stated, but we just moved so I'm just getting used to how my oven cooks.