- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 6 teaspoons orange juice (optional)
- chopped walnuts, for decorating (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix together the first 7 dry ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer; add pumpkin, oil, sugar and eggs. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well.
- Mix in nuts and raisins by hand.
- Pour the mixture into prepared loaf pans and bake 50-55 minutes until done. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely.
- If glazing, mix glaze ingredients together with a spoon and drizzle over loaves; top with walnuts.