Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so easy to make! This bread is just perfect for Autumn.The cider and pumpkin combine wonderfully!
- 236.59 ml apple cider
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 29.58 ml freshly grated orange zest
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml double-acting baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml ground mace
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In saucepan, boil cider until it's reduced to about 1/4 cup; let it cool.
- In bowl, whisk together well pumpkin purée, eggs, oil, brown sugar, zest, and cider.
- In bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, mace, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the walnuts; stir batter just until combined.
- Pour batter to a well-buttered 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- Bake in middle of oven 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the pan.
Great recipe! I loaded it up w/flax seed, quinoa, pistachio and sunflower seed kernels - left out the walnuts. Cooked up in 8 mini loaf pans - absolutely gobbled up at the oyster roast they were taken to. Kepper recipe - next time I will soak quinoa for 5 minutes in hot water before mixing in amd will also try adding some millet to the mix. TY for a great recipe!
Very tasty quick bread. I did sub fresh cooked sweet potato in place of the pumpkin as I think they are really similar in taste and one potato made the right amount of puree. I did add a little less than 1 Tbsp zest--nectarine since that's what I had. I also subbed pecans and put in more than called for since we really like a lot of nuts in the bread. Thanks for posting! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag game.
I wasn't sure how this bread was going to turn out so I made half a batch. My cider had already been mulled. I used fresh sweet potato's as I prefer those. Used a bit more brown sugar (I have a sweet tooth). It tasted very yummy. I am very happy with it. All I would change is a little less orange zest. The orange was quite stong.