Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I don't know where this recipe came from but it's a nice change from mashed potatoes.
- 4 lbs mixed potatoes, such as Red Bliss, Peruvian Purples, and Fingerlings
- 2 cups heavy cream, plus some to cover
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs sage
- 2 sprigs and rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, cracked
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Halve the potatoes and toss them into a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, put the cream, butter, herbs, and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, to infuse the cream with flavor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot cream mixture through a strainer over the potatoes, (discard the herbs and garlic), if there is not enough cream to go ¾ of the way up the potatoes then pour some additional cream on top to make up the difference. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and top begins to brown. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.