1/1 Photo of Autumn Pot Roast
4 hrs 30 mins
Autumn is here and with it lots of root vegetables and what better way to cook them than in the crock-pot with a delicious pork loin roast and a delicious pomegranate-orange reduction. A secret to properly cooked crock-pot vegetables is to cut them into uniform size, keeping them in larger chunks that will hold up to the longer cooking time. Serve this with a green salad and corn muffins for a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, sugar, orange juice and zest; bring to a boil and reduce to 1/2 to 2/3 cup. The mixture should be thick and syrupy a little thicker than maple syrup. Reserve the reduction in the refrigerator until needed.
- 2Prepare the pork loin sirloin roast by cutting small slits in meat and inserting the garlic slivers, sprinkle with Herbes De Provence and rub into meat; set aside.
- 3Prepare the leek by cutting off tough dark green top, cut the light green and white portion in half, slice and then rinse well under running water to remove grit that is trapped between the layers.
- 4In a small skillet warm 2 teaspoons olive oil and when warm add the leek, saute until wilted; turn into a 4 quart crock pot.
- 5In the same pan, adding a touch more oil if needed, quickly sear the pork loin roast on all sides; remove meat to a platter and deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup chicken stock. Scrape up browned bits and pour into crock-pot over the leeks.
- 6Peel the squash, remove seeds and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 7Scrub the parsnip and carrots, cut in uniform chunks, cutting larger ends in half.
- 8Wash the celery and cut in 1 inch lengths.
- 9Layer the vegetables into the crock-pot and season lightly season with salt and freshly ground pepper, top with seasoned roast; cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 10Remove the meat and vegetables from the drippings; allow the meat to rest about 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- 11Bring the pomegranate reduction to a boil and remove from heat.
- 12To serve, drizzle a serving plate with the reduction, top with sliced meat and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Seasonal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.5
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 121.8 mg
- Sodium 192.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence