Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve as a lovely autumnal snack or appetizer--goes great with a baguette and a glass of wine!
- 4 medium comice pears, peeled, halved lengthwise and cored (or other seasonal pears)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence, crushed (or Herbes De Napa)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fig preserves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely minced orange zest
- In a medium bowl, toss the pear halves with lemon juice.
- In another bowl, combine the goat cheese with the herbes de Provence or herbes de Napa.
- In a small bowl, stir together the fig preserves with the orange zest.
- Thinly slice pear halves, cutting to but not through the stem ends.
- Fan a pear half on each plate.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of goat cheese and top with 1 tablespoon of fig preserves.