- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled ripe pear
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a smaller bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in pears.
- Spoon into 3 mini loaf pans (5x2 1/2 inches).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.