1/2 Photos of Autumn Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- extra virgin olive oil
- 453.59 g sweet Italian sausage link (out of the casing)
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh bay leaves or 1 fresh dried bay leaf
- 4-6 sprig fresh sage, chiffonade
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 118.29 ml heavy cream or 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 0.59-1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g penne (with ridges) or 453.59 g rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente (with ridges)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat a large skillet to MH heat.
- 2Add 1 T olive oil, then brown sausage.
- 3Transfer sausage to plate lined with paper towels to drain fat, set aside.
- 4Drain fat from skillet, return skillet to stove.
- 5Add 1 T olive oil, garlic and onion.
- 6Saute 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- 7Add Bay, sage, and wine to the pan, stir and incorperate sausage drippings from bottom of the pan.
- 8Reduce wine by half, then add stock and pumpkin, stir.
- 9When mixture comes to a bubble, add sausage to pan, reduce heat and add cream.
- 10Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 11Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 12Pour pasta into sauce and stir.
- 13Add cheese and sage to garnish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.3
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 1622.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: