Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A healthy gluten free pasta bake that is quick enough for a weeknight dinner but redolent with the heady flavours of autumn.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400 g pumpkin, roughly cubed
- 3 zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 250 g gluten-free pasta
- 500 g cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 small egg
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and set aside.
- Warm oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Turn the heat up to high and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add pumpkin and sauté for 5 minutes or until it is about half cooked.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper and capers. Cook, stirring, until they are soft, but don't overcook. Stir through thyme and heat another minute or so until fragrant.
- Stir pasta and vegetables together.
- Mix cottage cheese with egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pasta in baking dish, top with cottage cheese mixture and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes, covering if the top gets too brown.
- Serve with a salad of simple wintry lettuce like raddiccio and baby spinach dressed with lemon juice and olive oil, with a few walnuts sprinkled over the salad when serving.