A healthy gluten free pasta bake that is quick enough for a weeknight dinner but redolent with the heady flavours of autumn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400 g pumpkin, roughly cubed
- 3 zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 250 g gluten-free pasta
- 500 g cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 small egg
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and set aside.
- 2Warm oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Turn the heat up to high and sauté until onion is translucent.
- 3Add pumpkin and sauté for 5 minutes or until it is about half cooked.
- 4Add zucchini, bell pepper and capers. Cook, stirring, until they are soft, but don't overcook. Stir through thyme and heat another minute or so until fragrant.
- 5Stir pasta and vegetables together.
- 6Mix cottage cheese with egg and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Spread pasta in baking dish, top with cottage cheese mixture and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- 8Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes, covering if the top gets too brown.
- 9Serve with a salad of simple wintry lettuce like raddiccio and baby spinach dressed with lemon juice and olive oil, with a few walnuts sprinkled over the salad when serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 774.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: