Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty pancake with a chewy texture.
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oatmeal
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1 large apple, peeled,cored,and coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 44.37 ml melted butter
- Add the oatmeal to a small bowl; pour boiling water over the oatmeal and let set for 5 minutes; do not drain.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- Add in the oatmeal, egg, milk, apple, nuts, and melted butter; stir to mix.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface; flip the pancake and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
We thought these pancakes were great! They were mosit and flavorful. Very easy to amke and it is a different and flavorful way to get oatmeal in your diet. Served this with Shir (J) 831 Butter syrup #107734 Thanks NurseDi.