Recipe by A Messy Cook
This easy recipe makes a big batch of delicious, healthy muffins which look and smell wonderful!
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Very good! I also used all whole wheat flour. I used 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/3 cup Splenda. I just used 2 tsp cinn, 1 cup quick oats, skim milk & applesauce for the oil. A very yummy muffin-I got 16 muffins. Thanks!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup sucanat or 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dried currant (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Make well in center; add milk, eggs, applesauce, oil, and currants (if using) and stir to combine.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees for 15-25 minutes, until muffins test done.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.