Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. It is very good and the colors make it very appealing.
- 4 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken, ham or 1 cup turkey
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can sliced carrot, drained
- 1 can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Combine noodles, chicken, soup, 1/2 cup water or milk, vegetables and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon into 2-qt.
- baking dish; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or green onions, if desired.
This was OK for us. I followed the recipe as written but I thought it was bland. I used cooked chicken and water. I ended up adding a lot of salt and pepper and another cup of cheese. I think it could have used some garlic powder also. This has potential but as written we thought it was bland.
This was easy to make, very tasty, and is a wonderful comfort food. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Now this is real comfort food! I made the full recipe then spilt it into two casseroles one goes into the freezer (without the cheese on top this I will add just before baking it) the other I baked for dinner last night. I used leftover fresh steamed veggies that I saved just for this recipe. A jalapeno pepper jumped into my hand and begged to be included - I agreed and chopped it up. Love the ease and the final result. Can't wait to cook the other one. Thanks Skeeter for your Autumn Noodle bake ---3 Nov 03 Just wanted to add that I defrosted and had this casserole tonight for dinner - just as good if not better, I defrosted it overnighr in the fridge, put it in a low oven 325F covered in foil for 1/2 hour. Still moist and ever so good, uncovered it added the cheese and put it back i the oven for another 10 minutes again thanks Skeeter