Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A great muffin to make for fall...full of wonderful ingredients.
Top Review by Nickeletta
We loved these muffins! I used 2 granny smith apples (I peeled and then grated) and craisins, 1 large carrot. I made 1/2 the batch with nuts and 1/2 without. For the flour I used 2 cups regular and 1/2 cup wheat. They were light and yet had lots of texture, and the tops were a little bit crispy. A perfect muffin, thank you so much!
- 2 cups apples, unpeeled, shredded
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine apples and sugar. Gently fold in cranberries, carrots and nuts.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Add to apple mixture. Mix well to moisten dry ingredients.
- Combine eggs and oil; stir into apple mixture.
- Fill 18 greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins.