Autumn Moon Cafe's Apple Crisp
- Apple Mixture: 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & sliced 2 tablespoons sugar 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 teaspoons lemon juice Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- For the topping: Mix together the flour, oats, sugar and spices in a large bowl.
- Using the large holes of a grater, grate the butter into the bowl.
- Blend until the mixture just begins to come together, being careful not to over mix.
- Toss the apples in a large bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Spoon into the baking pan and sprinkle the topping mixture over the fruit. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is browned and crisp.
- Serve warm with a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream.