My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour (preferably Softasilk if you can get it. If not any cake flour will do)
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped black walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
Cream cheese black walnut frosting
- 1Cream margarine and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy and sugar is disolved.
- 2Add well beaten egg yolks.
- 3Combine buttermilk and soda, stir until soda disolves.
- 4Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.
- 5Stir in vanilla.
- 6Add black walnuts and coconut, stirring well.
- 7Beat egg whites (at room temperature with cream of tartar) until stiff peaks form.
- 8Fold egg whites into batter.
- 9Pour batter into greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- 12Remove from pans and cool completely.
- 13Spread chilled cream cheese black walnut frosting between layers, top and sides of cake.
- 14If desired, you may drizzle chocolate glaze around top edge of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Memories Cake
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1430.6
- Calories from Fat 772
- Total Fat 85.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 626.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 116.8 g
- Protein 21.1 g