Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This carrot cake, made with pumpkin pie spice, is full of fall flavors. Start of the season with this flavorful dessert.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (reserve 1 tablespoon juice)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Heat the oven to 350°F Grease and flour an 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mash the carrots with a fork or vegetable masher in a large bowl until almost smooth. Stir in the pineapple and reserved juice. Add the oil, eggs and egg yolk, and whisk until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into carrot mixture. Stir in the walnuts and raisins. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake until the cake is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 480; Total fat 24g; Saturated fat 3.5g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 380mg; Carbohydrate 64g; Fiber 2g; Protein 5g.