Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The title of this vegetable-rice dish refers to the colors in the dish which are similar to autumn foliage--however, you can eat it year-round (as long as you have summer squash available to you at the grocery store). The cooking time shown does not include time to cook rice, so add this if you're not using left-over rice.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Sauté the squash, onion and tomatoes in 2 T butter until tender.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Gradually add the bouillon, stirring until thickened.
- Stir in the cream, basil, parsley and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vegetables and rice.
- Put in a greased 2-quart casserole and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake in oven until bubbly and heated through.