echo echo's Note:
The title of this vegetable-rice dish refers to the colors in the dish which are similar to autumn foliage--however, you can eat it year-round (as long as you have summer squash available to you at the grocery store). The cooking time shown does not include time to cook rice, so add this if you're not using left-over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Sauté the squash, onion and tomatoes in 2 T butter until tender.
- 3Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan and stir in the flour.
- 4Gradually add the bouillon, stirring until thickened.
- 5Stir in the cream, basil, parsley and pepper.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in the vegetables and rice.
- 7Put in a greased 2-quart casserole and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 8Bake in oven until bubbly and heated through.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 656.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g